I ask myself, is there any point going to a gig if I'm not as close to the stage as possible?
Many years ago, I went to Madonna in concert... and of course she was amazing, I assume - because some of the stage was obscured by the overhang of a balcony.
Then recently, I went to see Kylie Minogue and the VIP area was so enormous (and not very full) that the positioning wasn't anywhere near as good as it perhaps should've been, despite the lengthy queuing.When the Olympics came to London, I was at a party at my friends house. They had just purchased an enormous HD television and there was a particularly exciting event on - but it was the sheer quality and enormity of those images that brought it home to me. Why would you bother going to see an event when you can watch everything in amazing detail on your television screen, in the comfort of your home? You'll never get to experience the view from multiple angles in a sports arena. You won't be able to pop the kettle on for a cup of tea during the boring parts.
I think I've just aged before my time - but seriously, I can't be alone with these thoughts, surely?
No comments:
Post a Comment