Seeing the original Bananarama line-up deliver a tour was such an unexpected and incredible moment.
Having lived and breathed Bananarama since my youth and experiencing the dramatic devastation of the split (I blame my hormones), nobody ever thought this would happen - but it did and it was one of the single most joyful moments of my life.
I bought the merch. I stood shaking with excitement with my friends. I danced until my legs fell off. I looked in awe at the incredible screen graphics. I was blown away by the new production and the makeover of those hits. It ticked all of the boxes.
This tour didn't just live up to our expectations, it blew them away. To look around the venues and see the faces of happy audience members was unexpectedly emotional. It wasn't just middle aged gay men and wives. There was a diverse collection of people of all ages and most importantly, they knew the songs ...and many of them also knew all of the camp arm movements too. It was a genuinely endearing moment to see so many people experiencing utterly, blissful, unabashed pure joy.
We were all so thankful that we got to experience that joy again with the Live album in various versions, including a DVD and bluray. Many people don't realise that it's also available on iTunes, see link below. It was Blue Monday yesterday and I can't think of a better way to wash those blues away than watch one of the worlds greatest pop groups back together again.
No comments:
Post a Comment