Wednesday, 3 May 2017

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Does anyone else feel like they're living in some kind of Matrix-esque fantasy/dream sequence?  Trying to come to terms with Brexit was (and still is) a terrible shock.  Then trying to deal with the fact that America has willingly elected Donald Trump as their president is equally bizarre.

It feels like I am in a bad drug-fuelled coma.  I've never taken drugs - but I imagine a bad trip is close to like you're living in a nightmare version of the world, that's being run by a giant orange with a face, with shredded wheat for hair.

Ladies in red are dancing with me.....
Anyway. Word on the street was that something was about to happen in the Bananarama camp (and boy are they camp).  What could it be?  A new single, you ask?  A brand new album?  A range of ornamental thimbles?  Well, neither of those things happened. (Damn, I mourn for those thimbles!)

It turns out that Siobhan (Shuv, for short) is returning.  Returning from where, you ask?  A weekend in Bournemouth?  A trip to the post office?  Well, neither of those things! She's returned to go on a tour of the UK with Keren and Sara! Why, you ask?  Stop asking me stupid questions!!!  What am I?  Bananarama's personal assistant?  Bananarama's best friend and confidant?  Designer of ornamental thimbles for the rich and famous? No. No! NO!  The original Bananarama trio have reformed and they are going on tour in November (more dates to be announced soon, apparently).

I literally lost all of the bones in my legs when I heard this news.  It's May and it feels like Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment